Just a las quick comment about using a <Proxy> section to define the proxy.
I could not make it work using the below snippet:

         <Proxy "unix:/path/to/some.sock|fcgi://myserver">
         </Proxy>

Digging into the code, I realized the worker was only created if more
arguments were provided (which is not mentioned to be possible in the docs,
or I could not find it):

         <Proxy "unix:/path/to/some.sock|fcgi://myserver" timeout=300 >
         </Proxy>

Then the worker is created and I can remove my extra "ProxyPass"
directives. Is it intended to only create the worker if we need to
configure its settings?

It makes sense but it would be a good improvement to make the worker to be
always created if it does not exists, regardless of if some more settings
are provided.

Sorry about the offtopic and thanks a lot to  Rüdiger for the hint!