Hi Graham,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to describe what I need to achieve.
Here is what I can glean from my recent trail of breadcrumbs:

1. Configure the session cookie to be deleted when a browser is restarted,
regardless of the session expiry.

2. Ability to utilize a session without renewing the expiry, and preferably
have this controlled by the request so that the same url can either case
the session to be renewed or not, and the client code can make that
decision.

3. Have session expiry value exposed to cgi application, similar to
HTTP_SESSION

4. Have a session cookie be immediately removed. (new)

5. Have a session be available if it already exists, but not be created if
it does not yet exist. More specifically, don't create a session or session
cookie if there is not already a session cookie. (new)

6. Solve the "double login problem" with mod_auth_session, in which
attempting to log in with an expired session requires two login attempts
for success.

7. Solve the "changed encryption key" problem, in which a changed
SessionCryptoPassphrase does not cause a session encrypted with the old key
to be replaced, thus preventing the use of the session.

I can provide more details. So far I have solutions to all of these, but
certainly may have gone about it the wrong way.

Thanks again,
Erik.

--
Erik Pearson