On 01/02/2014 07:43, Kaspar Brand wrote:

> Steve, I'm using this opportunity for a short reminder about [1] - any
> comments about that? Should we try to get this into 2.4.8?

On the subject of reminders and SSL_CONF. The code that handles SSL_CONF has
something which manually checks for the "Certificate" command in order to handle
stapling initialisation. Ideally that should be avoided with SSL_CONF because in
future additional commands might be added to SSL_CONF which can affect
certificates too and possibly multiple certificates simultaneously (e.g. imagine
something loading several certificates and keys from a single source). Those
would then have to be manually added to any application and one of the aims of
SSL_CONF is to avoid the need to keep modifying applications to handle (some)
new functionality.

I'm wondering how that could be avoided. Would a way to enumerate all
certificates in an SSL_CTX structure in OpenSSL help? Something like
SSL_CTX_get0_first_certificate() and SSL_CTX_get0_next_certificate(). That would
also set the current certificate at the same time in case applications wanted to
inspect the private key or chain.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen Henson. OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.
1829 Mount Ephraim Road