Hi Juanjo,

the patch with mod_rewrite is still being worked on (see
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg59276.html),
precisely because it is not possible, yet, to refer to a defined
backend (<Proxy> declared, as you did in this thread) with a
RewriteRule.

The default proxy only is used, for now, hence connections can't be
configured (for reuse, timeouts...).

I guess this will be part of 2.4.9 (at best).

Regards,
Yann.