On Sep 23, 2014 4:01 PM, "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​I was looking into an  error where after a large # of rotatelogs
processes are created, they start mysteriously exiting.  I

> I still don't know much about the problem, but it struck me that unlike
the error log, there doesn't seem to be a good reason for the parent on
Windows to open (potentially piped) access logs.

I was wondering about this recently.

I don't think there is a dire reason for it.

Handle inheritance? No

Better error reporting if file/pipe fails?  Maybe  (abort startup if
error-prone piped logger config is bad?). This would need to be tested with
a bad config to check for exit+restart loop.

> Cutting these out is easy and gives decent breathing room if hitting this
limit (not hitting non-paged pool limit for all the pipe buffers).  Any
concerns come to mind re: the parent access loggers?