On Nov 23, 2014, at 10:07 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure there's much value in this going forward (as opposed to
> say 18 months ago) compared to say the doc or evangelism efforts
> advocated in Jeff's other thread.

Agreed, though I’d say that the true havoc has been in migrating configs from
pre-2.4 to 2.4.
Perhaps *especially* when the Linux vendor bundling httpd changes versions, as
the end user isn’t expecting it.

My personal experience with this has to do with the VM images we’ve been
producing at my current gig; there’s a tutorial that makes use of httpd, and
the unexpected change in the authz syntax caused a 1 day loss of time for the
person who manages the tutorial.

If she’d reached out to me earlier, I could have saved her the time -
but…that’s unrelated to the point.

Best,
Victor
--