No need to go off... 2.2 has been out for almost 10 years.
2.4 for a bit over 3. That is a LONG time. I'm simply
*suggesting* (no BDFL posturing Mr. Rowe) that after 10
years, maybe it's time to say that 2.2's era is done, and
2.4's time is here, if not already past. I'm simply trying
to encourage us to work on the future and not "focus" on
the past. No need to read anything more into that, or
take on a onerous or holier-than-thou tone.

My apologies if "Anyone else think it's time to EOL 2.2 and focus
on 2.4 and the next gen?" was such an egregious question!
Shame on me for even asking! :)