Am 28.05.2015 um 21:22 schrieb Rich Bowen:
On 05/27/2015 05:38 PM, olli hauer wrote:
- for long time there was no working mod_php module for 2.4, and
changing to
   php-fpm was not for everyone a solution.

In my experience, the only reason that php-fpm wasn't a solution for
everyone is that it was poorly documented. We could still stand to do
better there, but php-fpm is, in fact, a solution for everyone

no, because it does not support "php_admin_flag" and "php_admin_value" inside of <Directory> and so would require re-design environments with many hundrets of vhosts running for many years that way with automatic deployment of such rules depending on the target application