> On 27 May 2015, at 13:54, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> Anyone else think it's time to EOL 2.2 and focus
> on 2.4 and the next gen? My thoughts are that http/2
> and mod_h2 will drive the trunk design efforts and so
> it would be nice to focus energy on 2.4 and later...

Depends on what EOL means practically, of course. As someone whose day job is
engineering the web platform for one of the big investment banks, I can tell
you we only just got everyone moved over to 2.2 (i.e. several years after 1.3
got canned in early 2010).

So while I’m not looking for the latest and greatest features in 2.2 at this
stage, I do want to continue to see bug fixes and security issues addressed for
at least another five years (ideally), and really 2 years at a minimum. I can
easily see this might be asking too much of volunteers, but those are my
“enterprise” expectations.

- Mark