On 10/22/2015 04:50 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com> wrote:

Tested with the patch and looks good.

Not that much actually, the patch fails to consume the CRLFs, and
hence can end up in an infinite loop.

So I'm attaching a new one here (committed in trunk with a larger
scope, this version is for 2.4.x and limited to your use case).
Could you give it a (new) try please (I have already done some testing
but it's probably worth passing your tests, before I can propose its
backport to 2.4.x)?
While the previous patch could not handle more than a single
(trailing) [CR]LF, this new one should (up to ten, which is the new
limit for tolerated blank lines in between requests).

The new one works as well. My VMs that I use for my actual test cases are all in a logistics nightmare right now, so I can't do anything more thorough than the specific point test, but hopefully when I build the next httpd that contains this they'll be back up and I can put things through a more thorough cycle.

I'm pretty much only equipped to reproduce the specific problem right now.

That said, this whole, why does it only happen on Windows and why can't I simulate a request using another client has been bugging me, so I decided to go back to pre-patch and enable dumpio and try to compare the two.

guess what
I cannot get the problem to occur with dumpio enabled now. As soon as it's enabled, the requests respond immediately.

Disable dumpio, 5000ms.

I give up. The plugin developer fixed their plugin, you made apache more accepting (thank you very much again), and I'm going to just pretend this whole issue never happened :)

Andy