if the current EBCDIC validates the >< lex, then by all means
update the docs to reflect that. You specifically said that
"The implementation does provide ASCII numeric-alpha ordering."

The main reason I was suggesting this was that, really,
it would make sense for the function to return true if
they compare and 0 if not, which is, of course, not
how strncasecmp does it (which is why we have the weird
looking !strcasecmp() for code paths where they DO compare :) ).
So by allowing that casecmpstr was not, in fact, a *replacement*
implementation of strcasecmp(), we could define it to be more
sensible ;)

Like you said, we aren't creating a replacement clib, so creating
funcs for our own specific usecase does make some sense.