CentOS 5 still ships with OpenSSL 0.9.8, and is still supported for another
year or so. Considering there’s a lot of servers still running CentOS 5 (and
possibly older), it feels as if this would have been caught. Especially
something as small as a missing semicolon.

Would a linter / compile check to proactively check those things help?
—
Jacob Perkins
Product Owner
cPanel Inc.