Stefan,

(I'm coming at this from more of a user's perspective than a code reviewer's.)

On 01/20/2016 08:26 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
- mod_status introduces a new columne 'Protocol' for displaying the connection
protocol used.

I originally wondered at the purpose of the new Protocol column, since the Request line often has the protocol in it ('GET / HTTP/1.1'), but the Request line can be chopped off before the end, and things like WebSocket will display a request line containing HTTP/1.1 even though the connection has since been upgraded, so I think I like this "promotion" of Protocol into its own column.

Purely bikeshedding: the lack of a space between '(protocol)' and '[virtualhost]' in the no-table output is a bit strange to my eye.

3. http/1.1 clear and http/1.1+tls could be worth a differentiation, but not
done for now

I agree that this would be useful. Most of the time you can figure it out from the context clues (the VHost port), but if you're running something more complicated like TLS Upgrade, having it called out explicitly would be good.

4. I was considering to show some HTTP/2 information in the "Request" field,
but maybe that is only confusing?

What kind of information? I ask because I was wondering to myself what a WebSocket module might provide in its own status... since its "basic" status line (with your proposed changes) is likely to look something like

   Protocol       VHost            Request
   websocket+tls  example.com:443  GET /socket HTTP/1.1

which will stay static the entire time the connection is active. Some more dynamic information *might* be useful for troubleshooting...

--Jacob