Jacob,

> Am 21.01.2016 um 00:19 schrieb Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>:
>
> Stefan,
>
> (I'm coming at this from more of a user's perspective than a code reviewer's.)
>
> On 01/20/2016 08:26 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> - mod_status introduces a new columne 'Protocol' for displaying the
>> connection protocol used.
>
> I originally wondered at the purpose of the new Protocol column, since the
> Request line often has the protocol in it ('GET / HTTP/1.1'), but the Request
> line can be chopped off before the end, and things like WebSocket will
> display a request line containing HTTP/1.1 even though the connection has
> since been upgraded, so I think I like this "promotion" of Protocol into its
> own column.
>
> Purely bikeshedding: the lack of a space between '(protocol)' and
> '[virtualhost]' in the no-table output is a bit strange to my eye.

Will change.

>> 3. http/1.1 clear and http/1.1+tls could be worth a differentiation, but not
>> done for now
>
> I agree that this would be useful. Most of the time you can figure it out
> from the context clues (the VHost port), but if you're running something more
> complicated like TLS Upgrade, having it called out explicitly would be good.

It should be a separate column. Since protocol upgrades may happen inside a TLS
connection, the protocol does not necessarily reflect the use of TLS, as is the
case with HTTP/2. So, a "tls+protocol" seems a good content.

>> 4. I was considering to show some HTTP/2 information in the "Request" field,
>> but maybe that is only confusing?
>
> What kind of information? I ask because I was wondering to myself what a
> WebSocket module might provide in its own status... since its "basic" status
> line (with your proposed changes) is likely to look something like
>
>   Protocol       VHost            Request
>   websocket+tls  example.com:443  GET /socket HTTP/1.1
>
> which will stay static the entire time the connection is active. Some more
> dynamic information *might* be useful for troubleshooting...

For HTTP/2, I would like to reflect at least the # of open requests, plus a bit
more detail about the connection state. I think it will take some feedback from
users to see what of that is missing there and what should become its own
column.

So, I would like to rename "Request" to something more general...

-Stefan