FYI: I just checked in a very experimental mod_proxy_http2 that registers on
h2:// and h2c:// proxy URLs. I did this naming to have the module totally
separate from mod_proxy_http, not wanting to make a mess. So a sample
configuration looks like:

    <IfModule proxy_http2_module>
        <Proxy "balancer://h2-local">
            BalancerMember "h2://test.example.org:12346"
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPass "/h2proxy" "balancer://h2-local"
        ProxyPassReverse "/h2proxy" "balancer://h2-local"
    </IfModule>

For this to work I added a connection note "proxy-request-alpn-protos" that is
used by mod_ssl to set the ALPN protocols on the SSL instance.

The module so far re-uses connections from earlier requests, but does not do
parallel requests on one connection. So, there is no real benefit in using that
right now. The idea is to get it working nicely with frontend connections done
via HTTP/2 so that multiple HTTP/2 streams on the same frontend connection use
a single proxy connection. That would be one step into usefulness.

For the time being, I do not foresee this it be back ported to 2.4.x until more
work is done here.

One thing: the ssl_hostname that is used for SNI by the generic proxy utils
seems to get lost when the socket needs to reset and is then not available on
the next connect. That should affect mod_proxy_http as far as I can tell. Maybe
someone with more experience in that module wants to take a look.

Cheers,

  Stefan

PS. I did not update Windows Makefiles. I feel bad.