I have renamed modules/http2/config.m4 to modules/http2/config2.m4 (note the "2" in front of the ".m4" suffix). AFAIK this will result in modules/http2 being handled after the module dirs which contain a normal config.m4. Thus the http2 modules get added after mod_proxy to the DSO_MODULES list and the generated httpd.conf will contain their LoadModule behind the ones for mod_proxy.

I have also added mod_proxy as a prerequisite in the m4 macro for mod_proxy_http2.

I hope it works as designed ...

Regards,

Rainer