Hello Rick,

Forward doesn’t mean dynamic, however, and using one particular solution like that is misleading, IMO. Using “forward-dns” makes more sense to me.

Yep, with such a name what it does is pretty clear.

That said, how would you intend to handle multiple A records for the same name: look them all up and store in a table, or support only one A record per name? At a minimum, I think that needs to be clearly documented.

Sure. The "poc" implementation posted up-thread walks over all the records till a match is found, or this is a deny.

There is no attempt at caching anything, as the actual use case is to deal with dynamic dns hosts, so with pretty short refresh times. Caching is the problem of the dns resolver.

--
Fabien.