I can do that. However - smartass mode on - if one uses the actual
"svn merge -c NNN,NNN", subversion will track that and

  svn mergeinfo --show-revs merged ^/httpd/httpd/trunk .

in a 2.4.x checkout will show it. But I am not trying to change existing
practise here that works. And with pre-supplied 2.4 patches, this
information might not be there - depends how it was created.

-Stefan