On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de
> wrote:

> I can do that. However - smartass mode on - if one uses the actual
> "svn merge -c NNN,NNN", subversion will track that and
>
>   svn mergeinfo --show-revs merged ^/httpd/httpd/trunk .
>
> in a 2.4.x checkout will show it. But I am not trying to change existing
> practise here that works. And with pre-supplied 2.4 patches, this
> information might not be there - depends how it was created.

Counter-smart-ass reply; while dealing in email/commit history through
viewvc and similar, the svn:mergeinfo is similarly clear and easily
reviewed. I follow both practices, svn merge for the summary you are
looking at above, combined with a log message that can be followed
by a later reviewer or troubleshooter.

Please do stick with practice and follow the svn conventions in use here?
Those are always up for discussion but should be discussed and even
more-so agreed upon on the dev list.  That includes attribution plus PR
and revision references in the commit log text (and CVE references, but
we will often edit those logs after a security release has been shipped
as not to call attention to the side-effects of a bug fix too quickly).