On Dec 23, 2016 9:58 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <j...@apache.org> wrote:

Well, since I am actively working on trunk, I am obviously interested in
seeing continued work being done on it and the work being usable to our
users in a timely fashion. Since backports to 2.2 have not affected work on
2.4 or trunk, it is obvious as well that any backport efforts for 2.4 won't
be any issue at all, so work on trunk will be unrestricted.

Restrictions, no, never. But if I had to ask how did that work out for me
merging antique commits back at 2.4 and from 2.4 to 2.2, you don't want my
opinion on your therom.

I hope your enthusiasm regarding timeframes is warranted and accurate.
Obviously my efforts are directed towards what is best for our community
and am looking forward to how we continue with next gen.

As do I.

Different refutation of your underlying therom on versioning will happen on
or after the weekend. In the meantime...

A joyous belated Solstice, happy Hanukkah, merry Christmas, or just wishing
everyone a good weekend. You have all been some of.my most favorite people
now for 15+ years.  See you all next year :)