> On 02/08/2017 01:32 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> I am confused then... what else are you proposing? Eric's envar fix allows
>> for people to basically adjust at their whim. What else is needed??
>>

> In my view, nothing else is needed. We revert my changes (and the followup
> query string modification) in 2.4.x, and backport Eric's envvar directive
> by itself to make up for it.
>
> We can sit on other SCRIPT_FILENAME changes, and the Backend directive, in
> trunk until PHP wants to sit down with us to decide what SCRIPT_FILENAME
> actually means to FPM.

FWIW my 2 cents: Jim's view and Jacob/Eric's are all valuable, but since
there is a lot of instability for mod_proxy_fcgi I'd like more to proceed
with the minimal set of changes for the next 2.4 release. We revert to a
known "good" state, we introduce the new ProxyFCGISetEnvIf directive and
listen to what our users think about it. In the meantime, we work with PHP
on Jim's solution and we think about a second backport later on if needed.
Everybody is happy :)

Luca