> Am 31.03.2017 um 15:21 schrieb Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>:
>
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>> Hey, I'm currently evaluating some addition to httpd that needs to
>> parse/serialize JSON.
>> I know not everyone is a fan of that format, but some protocols do require
>> it (I try to
>> spare us a discussion about "better" formats :-).
>>
>> Does anyone have ideas/preferences about bringing JSON into httpd (and
>> eventually into
>> the APR at some later point in time)? I have not found a good lib that is
>> available
>> everywhere. Several have MIT license, but I think we cannot somehow bring
>> those under
>> the Apache umbrella, right?
>>

> I've helped a team that used jansson in a module, it seems pretty solid.
> But I didn't work much with the API.
>
> MIT should not be an issue at all, though.

Ok, if I understand you right, this we would add as an external dependency,
detected via configure and friends and used from a new module. Then linking
in a MIT API should be just fine.

But how about using JSON in Apache core? How would we do that? Do we have to
build then smth on our own in order to have it available on all platform, a
non-optional part for others to build on?