> On 31 Mar 2017, at 13:51, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>
> Hey, I'm currently evaluating some addition to httpd that needs to
> parse/serialize JSON.
> I know not everyone is a fan of that format, but some protocols do require it
> (I try to
> spare us a discussion about "better" formats :-).
>
> Does anyone have ideas/preferences about bringing JSON into httpd (and
> eventually into
> the APR at some later point in time)? I have not found a good lib that is
> available
> everywhere. Several have MIT license, but I think we cannot somehow bring
> those under
> the Apache umbrella, right?
>
> If anyone has a recommendation or more experience in this then me, I'd be
> glad for any
> guidance.
>
> -Stefan

+1 to a JSON module.

Not sure if there’s mileage in abstracting JSON parsers: when I last looked,
each had its own data models at a higher level than could be usefully unified.
But I’m open to persuasion.

I did some work on this, albeit for a subset of JSON required by a particular
project.
I’ll try & dig that up, to see if there’s anything worth salvaging.

—
Nick Kew