On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Which one is the yellow bar over 6 connections?
>
> It's invisible. I extrapolated. Just ran the tests:
>
> h1 (6 conn): ~28,000 req/s
> h2 (6 conn): ~33,000 req/s
>
> which is an unfair comparison. Seen from a browser's point of view, it uses 6
> connections for HTTP/1.1, but only a single one for HTTP/2. With that in
> mind, the following is better:
>
> h1 (6 conn): ~28,000 req/s
> h2 (1 conn): ~18,000 req/s
>
> which, I think, is due to:
> - too much work on the single thread serving the main connection, e.g.
> polling instead of events
> - too little reuse of slave connections and bucket beams, running the same
> setup code for each request
>
> It can also be argued, just as with any benchmark setup, if the results are
> really relevant. I wanted to measure the improvements in request scheduling
> on which I worked the last weeks. They are visible, they will not win the
> war, I like them nevertheless.

Just so we are seeing apples-to-apples, in the 8 connection case, I
presume you have
8 h2 connections each with 6 parallel requests?  In the http/1.1 case,
I presume we
would test 48 parallel requests divided between the 6 different objects?

You could argue for single, but the most representative
of-the-real-world comparison
is probably 2 or 4 concurrent connections, which is the pattern of
most modern browsers.