On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/29/2017 10:52 PM, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:
>>
>> Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.apache.devel (Tue, 30 May 2017 07:13:41
>> +0200):
>>>
>>> Steffen in gmane.comp.apache.devel (Mon, 29 May 2017 15:42:46 +0200):

>>> In what way is it Windows only?
>>
>> To answer my own question: because of the use of specific Windows only
>> extensions like .lib and names like libaprutil-1.lib. Many (all?) of
>> these can be overridden in the CMake config options, so there is a
>> chance it already works on other OS's.
>
> I would be surprised if it did; I thought the main goal of the CMake build
> was to provide an alternative to the .dsp files, for Windows only. See
> README.cmake.

Speaking to httpd only; we have logic in our autoconf/config.m4 files to
toggle specific modules, this logic hasn't been propagated to cmake.

The cmake files are referencing win32-specific modules and win32 mpm
alone, and have no mechanism to perform the many other autoconf
tests yet which can be "defaulted" to their expected win32 answers.
(Those answers may no longer be the best answer under the most
recent C99/C11/Posix enhancements.) Configure-time tests are
needed to resolve the questions/config flags.

Speaking to APR only, it's also hunting the apr/feature/win32/*.c
and some fallback apr/feature/unix/*.c fallback implementations.
Also missing feature tests and using win32-specific assumptions.
Obviously wrong, but simpler to fix than what I described above
at our project here.