> On Jun 1, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Jim Riggs <apache-li...@riggs.me> wrote:
>

> Regardless, even worst case, we are looking at what, iterating 6 pointers
> instead of 3 or 10 instead of 5? We probably have some lower hanging fruit
> across the request lifecycle code to increase performance than saving some
> arithmetic on a handful of structs, no? ;-)

Oh I agree... it just seems that we add overhead during the
normal and nominal case (everybody is up and available) and
that the overhead is worse the more workers we have. I am
personally OK with abnormal situations being slower....

And yeah, I also have never like the duplication that's inherent
in all the lbmethods, and so I really like it being simplified.
But I could never figure out a way to remove that without making
it more complex or slower. Last idea I had was to create some
sort of looping cpp MACRO to encapsulate it at some level :/