Am 25.09.2017 um 14:13 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd
version 2.4.28 can be found at the usual place:

        http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.28 GA.

[X] +1: Good to go
[ ] +0: meh
[ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

Vote will last the normal 72 hrs.

NOTE: The *-deps are only there for convenience.

+1 to release and thanks a bunch for RMing and to all who contributed to the release.

In short: No regressions found.

Detailed report:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
  except for expected deltas

Built on

- Solaris 10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 11+12 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 6+7 (64 Bits)

For all platforms built

- with default (shared), shared and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
  (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from deps tarball,
  plus external APR/APU 1.6.2/1.6.0, 1.5.2/1.5.4,
  1.6.x branches head and trunk head.

- using external libraries
  - expat 2.2.4
  - pcre 8.41
  - openssl 1.0.2k plus patches
  - lua 5.3.4 (compiled with LUA_COMPAT_MODULE)
  - distcache 1.5.1
  - libxml2 2.9.5
  - libnghttp2 1.26.0
  - brotli 1.0.1

- Tool chain:
    - platform gcc except on Solaris
(gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8 and 7.1.0 Solaris 10 (only older APR/APU 1.5.x compiled with older gcc 4.9.2)
    - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
      - on Solaris additionally -mpcu=v9, -D_XOPEN_SOURCE,
        -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 and -D__EXTENSIONS__
        plus -D_XPG6 when using gcc 7.1.0

350 build succeeded, 2 builds both on SLES 11 crashed due to segmentation faults in ksh during make, but could be completed by restarting make. Not a regression.

- compiler warnings:

  - modules/core/mod_watchdog.c:436: warning: 'rv' may be used
    uninitialized in this function
  -> warning is correct but nt critical (debug log), will fix this soon;
     not a regression

  and only on Solaris (gcc 7.1.0)

  - server/util.c:2667:10: warning: 'escaped_char[0]' may be used
    uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

  - srclib/apr-util/xlate/xlate.c:120:38: warning: passing argument 2 of
    'iconv' from incompatible pointer type
    [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

  - srclib/apr-util/xlate/xlate.c:343:42: warning: passing argument 2 of
    'iconv' from incompatible pointer type
    [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]

Tested for

- Solaris 10, SLES 11+12, RHEL 6+7
- MPMs prefork, worker, event
- default, shared and static modules
- log level trace8
- module set reallyall (125 modules plus MPMs)

The following test failures were seen:

a Lots of tests in t/module/session.t fail always for static builds
  The whole setup for the /sesiontest uri is missing in the generated
  t/conf/httpd.conf. This is due to it missing from the also generated
  filet/conf/apache_test_config.pm. I do not know yet, why it is missing
  there, but this seems to be a test framework problem.
  Not a regression.

b Test 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
  Happens for 7 out of about 225 runs
  Creation, modified and now times not in the correct order.
  This seems to be a system issue, all tests done on NFS,
  many tested on virtualized guests.
  Not a regression.

c Test 59 of t/modules/include.t only and always on
  Solaris.
  This is due to a bug in the test, which uses strftime()
  with a "%s" pattern that is not supported on Solaris.
  Until recently the server and the test client both returned
  verbatim "%s" and the test succeeded. After updating some
  Perl modules for the http2 tests, the perl client even
  on Solaris now supports "%s" in strftime and the test starts
  to fail. It seems we have to fix the test.
  Not a regression

d Various tests in t/apache/expr_string.t: (3, 6, 11, 14, 17, 20 ,23)
  Happens for 8 out of about 225 runs (this time all on RHEL6).
  The failure is always on line 68, where the error_log contents
  are checked.
  Not a regression.

e Only on Solaris and only with prefork proxy tests sometimes
  seem to hang until timeout. Some test runs complete without
  the issue. Once the issue hits, all remaining proxy tests during
  that run face that issue.
  Not observed for static builds. Of the 8 non-static builds using
  APR/APU 1.6 or trunk, 5 had the problem. The two APR/APU builds did
  not have it. First observed when testing 2.4.26.
  I'll try to investigate further, but IMHO this is not a show-stopper.

All in all I don't see a critical problem.

Regards,

Rainer