Actually remoteip isn't a showstopper... I find it demotivating and against
the spirit of httpd development, but am NOT vetoing it, and was showing an
example of proper form when attribution is desired.

mod_h2 is a showstopper. It is missing an ASF copyright statement
altogether.

On Dec 15, 2017 04:04, "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm> wrote:

On 14 Dec 2017, at 8:43 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> So without diving into why one or another form is more correct,
> the ASF's global license header guidance is absolute.
>
> mod_remoteip is an example of getting it 'right' by many
> definitions of 'right' across the ASF;
>
> /* Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
> * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
> * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> *
> *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> *
> * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> * See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> * limitations under the License.
> *
> * Portions of the input filter code for PROXY protocol support is
> * Copyright 2014 Cloudzilla Inc.
> */
>
> The mod_h2.h and other files in that tree are incorrect by every
> ASF definition;
>
> /* Copyright 2015 greenbytes GmbH (https://www.greenbytes.de)
> *
> * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> * you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
> * You may obtain a copy of the License at
> *
> * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
> * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> * See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> * limitations under the License.
> */
>
> This is not to take anything away from Stefan's and his
> employers' contributions to this project.
>
> Please, fix. Thanks,

So to cut a long story short, are you saying that these specific lines must
be removed?

/* Copyright 2015 greenbytes GmbH (https://www.greenbytes.de)

Regards,
Graham