On Dec 19, 2017 11:08, "William A Rowe Jr" <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

>   - ./server/util_pcre.c
>
> (likely more)
[....]

Others are lifted under license from other parties; these
must retain both the copyright attribution and original license
(e.g. MIT, BSD etc); an example is util_expr_parse.c which is
licensed under a special exception to the GPL as clearly
documented in that file;

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

I am reviewing these two specific cases, util_pcre.c was pcreposix.c
derived from Hazel's code, copyright Cambridge with advertising clauses,
and I'm fixing that, will present the proposed fix to the list so we have
agreement and record of how we licensed that original source.

I will review the util_expr_parse.c exception to determine what we should
change in NOTICE, LICENSE or README. It would help users to summarize our
use of GPL exception clause code even without advertising clauses to honor.