Le 12/09/2018 à 00:25, Yann Ylavic a écrit :
Possibly: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3ccakq1svnw_vdpbzk6c+f30y5nbhhosbbwt_fubttsnc+r7mb...@mail.gmail.com%3E
?
That was a proposal (nothing committed), I don't think the regression
suspected by Bill was there, but had to work on something else so
couldn't test it... and then forgot about it :/
That is what I was looking for, yes.

Thanks for the reminder ;)

Anyway, I see what you mean but is it better to leave such potential
bugs in trunk? Wider 2.5 testing and early 2.6 versions are meant to
catch them IMO.
I didn't say explicitly, but trunk should be cleaned up from what is now un-wanted/un-complete/(un-tested)... I'm not a big fan of CTR because one may start something, never finish it for some reason, and it stays there, as is, and little by little no one remind the state of it. Explicit backport (with votes) from trunk to 2.5 would only be there to have some explicit R.

As an example, all items in "PATCHES/ISSUES THAT ARE BEING WORKED" and "PATCHES/ISSUES THAT ARE STALLED" in 2.4.x/STATUS would be "silently" accepted.

Should anyone remove from trunk what he thinks as un-wanted?
Should we have some kind of RTC process for removing things that have been in trunk for a too long time and looks spurious?

Regards,
Yann.