Infra points out it's easier to just resend than to dig out the message they found on the server. I've sent again - receiving these confirmations:

< 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
MAIL FROM:<drugg...@apache.org> SIZE=2919
< 250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO:<annou...@httpd.apache.org>
< 250 2.1.5 Ok
DATA
< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
} [data not shown]
* We are completely uploaded and fine
< 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as EB77F2332

< 235 2.7.0 Authentication successful
MAIL FROM:<drugg...@apache.org> SIZE=874
< 250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO:<annou...@httpd.apache.org>
< 250 2.1.5 Ok
DATA
< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
} [data not shown]
* We are completely uploaded and fine
< 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 9B4B1E1B

I've also added Craig here as he was unable to find the message sent to announce@a.o - with luck, these won't vanish, but at least this time I have the message IDs...
--
Daniel Ruggeri

On 2018-09-24 16:59, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
Yes, I sent via curl (true story, you can send email with curl)
directly to the relay service and authenticated with my ASF
credentials. I had checked in with Infra here at ACNA and they saw
*something* that looked like my message. I'll check in with them
again.

Thanks, folks
--
Daniel Ruggeri

On September 24, 2018 3:07:00 PM EDT, William A Rowe Jr