When we started rejecting more invalid traffic, e.g. malformed http request
and header lines, we downgraded that all for plaintext traffic since there
is no reason to collect garbage traffic reports in the normal error logging
scenario.

The same would likely apply to ssl traffic abuse. At this late date,
clients connecting with 20 year old ssl semantics doesn't seem noteworthy.

Info exists to attempt to record a single point of failure on each
transaction. Debug is for finer granularity. Warn is for correcting things
that the *operator has control over* and can rectify.

The operator has no control over what clients connect to the server, not
the request they present, so handshake issues never belong at loglevel warn
IMO.