Very occasionally we backport patches to RHEL's httpd package in a way
that introduces new or different logging output from 2.4/trunk.  I'm
wondering if there is any opinion about vendors asking for for a small
(say, 100?) reserved range of APLOGNO() space to use for such cases?
Basically I'd just commit "next-number += 100" and use that range within
downstream patches since they are then reserved upstream.

1) No, we should discourage vendors from such divergence.

2) Yes, they are just numbers, I don't care.

3) Yes, but commit to maintaining a public URL with documentation for
each log message used or something similar.

Thoughts?

Regards, Joe