On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 14:33:29 +0000
Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Very occasionally we backport patches to RHEL's httpd package in a
> way that introduces new or different logging output from 2.4/trunk.
> I'm wondering if there is any opinion about vendors asking for for a
> small (say, 100?) reserved range of APLOGNO() space to use for such
> cases? Basically I'd just commit "next-number += 100" and use that
> range within downstream patches since they are then reserved upstream.

Is there any possibility that a vendor-RH message leaking
upstream to us - i.e. you introduce something RH and later
commit it to trunk?  If so, would you want to preserve the
vendor number or just reassign a new one?

No strong views, but if pressed I'd +1 to Stefan's suggestion.
Simple, and something you can do without touching our repos.

--
Nick Kew