On 1/17/22 5:10 PM, minf...@apache.org wrote:
> Author: minfrin
> Date: Mon Jan 17 16:10:51 2022
> New Revision: 1897156

> Log:
> core: Allow an optional expression to be specified for an effective
> path in the DirectoryMatch and LocationMatch directives. This allows
> modules like mod_dav to map URLs to URL spaces or to directories on
> the filesystem.
>
> Modified:
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/log-message-tags/next-number
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/core.xml
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/dav/main/mod_dav.c
>     httpd/httpd/trunk/server/core.c

Not sure I get the intention correct, but this looks like a change to core for
a mod_dav specific short coming.
e.g. in mod_proxy similar problems are solved for ProxyPass that can be used in
and outside Directory / Location elements.
I would be in favor for a similar approach here, by either allowing a second
optional parameter to the 'DAV' directive that sets
this or for a separate directive that allows to set this. In case nothing is
set the cmd->path could be used as currently.
This also allows to use this feature in 'if' sections as well.
Another option would be to provide this information via an environment variable
that can set via SetEnvIfExpr or a RewriteRule.

Regards

RĂ¼diger