> Am 06.02.2022 um 21:20 schrieb Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>:
>
> On 04 Feb 2022, at 14:49, Stefan Eissing <ste...@eissing.org> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/apache/httpd/pull/293
>>
>> is the PR that contains the changes I just reverted
>> in trunk regarding the non-blocking SSL handshake.
>>
>> I did not like to revert a set of changes by anyone
>> here. But our trunk CI is failing for some time now
>> and I felt this needs to be analyzed without interfering
>> with other ongoing work.
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be a clean revert, as a whole lot of
> unrelated commits seem to have got caught up in things.

Sorry about that.

> All the bugfixes made to ab for example are now gone:

Not gone. There are in the subversion branch and the history and one should be
able to remerge them.

> Little-Net:httpd-trunk6 minfrin$ svn log support/ab.c
> r1897760 | icing | 2022-02-04 14:22:26 +0200 (Fri, 04 Feb 2022) | 6 lines
>
>   *) core/mod_ssl/mpm_event: reverting changes to nonblocing SSL handshakes
>      to stabilize CI tests again. Previous revision of trunk has been copied
>      to branches/trunk-ssl-handshake-unblocking to make those into a PR where
>      changes can be discussed and tested separately.
>
> You’ve also reported conflicts while reverting, I’m assuming they weren't
> easily explained like log tags and mmn bumps?

I had one conflict with Yann adding some thread_local stuff into a change you
had made, so that did not revert cleanly.
And breakage is always around our APLOGNO, since people tend to add the tagged
code and updated docs/log-message-tags/next-number in the same revision.

> I’m stuck at this point, what do I do to move forward?

1. It was all done in subversion. The git PR is just their UI view.
2. Reapply all safe changes that I was not sure about. It should be possible to
merge the original revision again.
3. Then the PR should show only the changes that we need to find a solution
   for.

That's how I would do it.

Kind Regards,
Stefan