Sorry.  Not following. If you are building your own spark job using hudi,
then you just pull in hoodie-spark module

http://hudi.apache.org/writing_data.html#datasource-writer

Spark bundle can be used with —jars option on spark-shell etc to query the
datasets.

Does that help? Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish?

Checking again, do you need a patch with the HoodieJavaApp moved out of
tests and working?