Thanks for the feedback!

In case my description was misleading, only change we want to do at this
point is : letting non assignees also move a task from "open" to say "in
progress".
This makes board maintainability easier IMHO.

The problem of people having a ticket assigned to them but not actively
working on it, exists today.
Wondering if you have some suggestions on how people typically handle this?
 e.g timeout and unassigned and move it back? reassign with acknowledgement
from previous assignee?