This has been done a couple of times. It was discussed on this list a while back.

Cheers,
Clinton

Cimballi wrote:

Great ! It's more motivating to work when you know other people may
enjoy it ! ;-)

I hope language will not block me, my english is very poor ! Well, at
least I understand "computer" english, and I've got a big dictionnary
!

So Larry, like you said in LDAP each attribute can have multiple
values. This is one of the differences between LDAP and SQL. If I
understand you well, you also propose a kind of automatic mapping
between the object (JAVA) and the entry (LDAP) based on the
type-objectclass of that object-entry. I don't understand well your
reference to SQL injection, but maybe this is because I don't still
have a look inside the sqlmap architecture.

Now what I thought to do. The simplest way to start should to copy the
way sqlmap works and adapt it to LDAP. Of course there is some
difference but we will discuss them later, I don't think they should
need a new architecture.
About the about to use, I've mostly work with the ldapsdk from
netscape-sun-mozilla, but maybe it's should be better to use JNDI
here. About JNDI, do you think it should be interesting to have a
generic JNDI dao engine, or maybe we can start with JNDI-LDAP dao
engine, and look for more genericity later ?
About mapping between JAVA and LDAP : in LDAP most of the attributes
can be multi valued, but in real life, company's schemas usually
settled if an attribute will be mono or multi valued based on their
model, so maybe we can provide a parameter in the mapping which will
say if the engine should consider the attribute as mono or multi
valued.
About transactions, although there is no transaction in LDAP for the
moment, we should provide the same functionnely like in sqlmap so it
could be easily implemented later.
This is what I've got in mind for now.

I'd like to know about exchange of docs and code inside iBatis
community. If I'd like to submit you docs or code, what's the best way
? Should I post them on this list ?

If I use some words that don't match the ones you are used to use,
just tell me !

First step is made, hope it was the most difficult one ;-)

Cimballi