If that's the case, would it make sense to use Ant for build and Maven
for deploy?

One thing I'll miss with Maven is the tool integration.  I imagine I
could get a Maven plugin for IDEA and Eclipse, but Ant is ubiquitous
and works with a lot of other tools.

At least I know Continuum works with Maven!  Continuum* rocks.

Clinton

* We're using Parabuild strictly because the company set it up for us
and is willing to host it for us.