Dear Dev:

     Tuesday, we had a sync meeting. and discussed about the things:
         1.  cut the 0.8.0 release;
         2.  flink connector ;
         3.  iceberg row-level delete;
         4. Map-Reduce Formats and Hive support.

      We'll release version 0.8.0 around April 15, the following 0.9.0 will
be
     released in the next few month. On the other hand, Ryan, Junjie Chen
     and I have done three PoC versions for the row-level deletes. We had
     a full discussion[4] and started to do the relevant code design. we're
sure that
     the feature will introduce some incompatible specification,  such as
the
     sequence_number spec[1], file_type spec[2], the sortedOrder feature
seems
     also to be a breaking change [3].

     To avoid affecting the release of version 0.8.0 and push the
row-delete feature
     early. I suggest to open a new branch for the row-delete feature, name
it branch-1.
     Once the row-delete feature is stable, we could release the 1.0.0. Or
we can just
     open a row-delete feature branch and once the work is done we will
merge
     the row-delete feature branch back to master branch, and continue to
release the 0.9.0
     version.

     I guess the flink connector dev are facing the same problem ?

     What do you think about this ?

     Thank you.

  [1]. https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/pull/588
  [2]. https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/issues/824