Here are the steps to verify the release that I sent out last time, for
anyone that doesn’t want to look them up:

   1. Download the source tarball, signature (.asc), and checksum (.sha512)
   from

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating-rc1/
   2. Import gpg keys: download KEYS and run gpg --import
   /path/to/downloaded/KEYS (optional if this hasn’t changed)
   3. Verify the signature by running: gpg --verify
   apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
   4. Verify the checksum by running: sha512sum -c
   apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha512
   5. Untar the archive and go into the source directory: tar xzf
   apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz && cd apache-iceberg-0.8.0-incubating
   6. Run RAT checks to validate license headers: dev/check-license
   7. Build and test the project: ./gradlew build (use Java 8)

You can also validate the LICENSE and NOTICE documentation, which is
included in the source tarball, as well as the staged binary artifacts. The
latest update to the spark-runtime Jar’s was PR #966
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-iceberg/pull/966> if you’d like to
review it.

To validate the convenience binaries, add the Maven URL from the email
above to a downstream project and update your Iceberg dependency to
0.8.0-incubating, like this:

  repositories {
    maven {
      name 'stagedIceberg'
      url
'https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1005/'
    }
  }

  ext {
    icebergVersion = '0.8.0-incubating'
  }

Then run the downstream project’s tests.

Thanks for reviewing and voting, everyone!

rb

--
Ryan Blue