A few follow-up questions, if these are too off-topic I can start another
thread.

Can we clarify the scope of proposals?  If these involve large changes, or
new features in existing specifications or new specifications, would it
make sense to advertise them on this mailing list at each part of the
workflow stage?  Also, how would people feel about requiring a formal vote
on new specification features?

What are the requirements for accepting a proposal for a specification
feature (I believe informally it has been the proposed specification
change + a reference implementation in Java)?  I think it makes sense to
document these in the contributor guide?  Also, I'd like to understand how
people feel about potentially requiring a second language implementation
(e.g. PyIceberg) in these requirements?  It might be too soon, but it seems
like PyIceberg is quickly closing the gap to be a full fledged
implementation and it would be nice a wide feature skew between the two
libraries.

Thanks,
Micah