> In my mind there is a distinction between a voting and discussion.  I
> agree that discussion is probably best served on the document.  I see
> voting as a final notice that the feature is officially finalized.

+1 for having a voting phrase once we have the discussion finalized.

Also I really hope we have discussions in a central place, currently some
discussion happens on prs, some happens on google docs, while some are on
threads. It's quite easy to get lost in many places.

Just FYI, rust lang community has a process to rfcs
<https://rust-lang.github.io/rfcs/0002-rfc-process.html> that works
quite well. The TLDR version of this process is that everything happens on
github, each proposal is a pull request, and if it's accepted, the pull
request is merged.