A few questions/thoughts:

1. When you say having both catalogs side by side, are you planning to have
the same tables in both catalogs? This could be tricky consistency wise as
writes would need only update one catalog.

2. The main reason to have a Nessie catalog would be for its catalog
versioning features. If you do want these features why not just use Nessie
in Spark with Hadoop as the store vs using Hive?

3. Nessie has OAuth/token and AWS authentication available, you can find
more details in the docs at projectnessie.org. How would you want
authentication to be handled?

Are there any other tools you plan on accessing your tables with? Then
catalog access of these tools should be considered as well.

*Alex Merced <https://bio.alexmerced.com/data> *
*Senior Tech Evangeslit, Dremio **Dremio.com*
<https://www.dremio.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature&utm_term=na&utm_content=email-signature&utm_campaign=email-signature>*/
**Follow Us on LinkedIn!* <https://www.linkedin.com/company/dremio>
*Resources for Getting Hands-on with Apache Iceberg/Dremio*
<https://medium.com/data-engineering-with-dremio/a-deep-intro-to-apache-iceberg-and-resources-for-learning-more-be51535cff74>