Thanks Szehon.

The reason for the difference is that the proposal in the Google doc is
based on a new MV model, hence, new metadata fields and a new metadata
model were being introduced (with types, optionality, etc). With reusing
the table and view objects, we are not changing the existing metadata of
either table or view spec but rather introduce new properties and formalize
them to express materialized views. This would be the answer to most of the
questions you posted on the PR (besides some naming questions, which I
think should be straightforward).

With that fundamental difference, we cannot lift and shift what is in the
doc to any PR. Further, having consensus on separate table and view objects
contradicts with the point being made on having consensus on the doc. We
might have had agreements on some elements, but definitely not on the whole
doc, proven by the follow ups (also as a community, not individuals).

Therefore: we need a new space to discuss the separate table and view
properties.

Is the question whether to:
1- Create a new doc
2- Create a new PR?

I feel a PR is the most effective way, especially given the fact that we
discussed the topic a lot by now. If we agree, we can continue the
discussion on the PR, else, we can create a doc.

Thanks,
Walaa.