+1 for 0.3 Release. I think it will be good for the project to show its progress and get some feedback.

Best regards

Von meinem Telefon gesendet

Von: Xuanwo <xua...@apache.org>
Datum: Sa., 15. Juni 2024, 12:41
An: dev@iceberg.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSSION] Preparing the Apache iceberg-rust 0.3.0 release
There are bunch of works before catching up java implementation. But build a rapid feedback loop is importance for our project.

I support cutting a 0.3 release now 🤩

On Sat, Jun 15, 2024, at 18:34, Renjie Liu wrote:
Hi, everyone:

The iceberg-rust project has landed more features since last release, and I propose to do 0.3.0 release. This release mainly focuses on read support, including following features:

1. _expression_ system.
2. File base task planning.
3. Manifest file pruning.
4. Datafile pruning.
5. Reading into arrow record batches.
6. Glue, hive catalog supported, without supporting updates.
6. Several improvements to the rest catalog.

I'm happy to volunteer to be the release manager for iceberg-rust 0.3.0.

Welcome to join the discussion and share your thoughts!
Xuanwo