Hey JB,

I agree that we're very close to the Avro release. I'm happy to help if
you need a couple of hands, but I'll let you take the lead :)

I'm not familiar with the Avro community. Do they release all packages
> including rust together, or do they release them separately?

With Avro everything is released at once. Rust does have a different
versioning as you already indicated. There has been discussion of releasing
the languages separately
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/2rfnszd4dk36jxynpj382b1717gbyv1y>, which
makes sense to me, but that's something to discuss after the upcoming
release.

Kind regards,
Fokko