I'm developing currently a platform who's foundation is build upon Data
Grid(s).
I chose to offer pluggable support trough the JCache API so that users can
decide by themselves which supported solution - Ignite, Infinispan and
Hazelcast works best for them.
I was looking at the persistent store functionality in Ignite vs Infinispan
and the availability of options is much reduced. I would like to start
implementing a FS/HDFS CacheStore for Ignite using the CacheStoreAdapter
and I would like to have this code added in the Ignite distribution - it
would be a fair contribution taking in consideration I'm going to use for
free the tremendous amount of effort and volume you guys put already into
this amazing product.
  Please let me know if there is something else I should take in
consideration than what I can find by myself using the contributor entries
already published for guidance. Also, is there a standard dev env you use
for regularly developing and testing - you found it works best for this
project, or it is freely up my choice?
  Kind regards,
Cristian Malinescu
  Toronto/Canada