Hi, Saikat

I reviewed you PR and I think we should deprecate "cacheName"  parameter
in metadata command.

In current implementation when "cacheName" was not specified that means to
get "default" cache (with name=null)
And now it will be impossible to take metadata for such cache.

But I think for this command there is a little sense to extract metadata
for single cache,
 because any way on server side they will be extracted for all caches.
See:
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.GridCacheQueryManager#sqlMetadata
line 999.

Also for performance reason it is much faster to get all metadata at once.

So, I suggest - to deprecate "cacheName" parameter and fix documentation.

Thoughts?

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Saikat Maitra <saikat.mai...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have raised the PR[1] for the following Jira ticket[2].
>
> Please review and let me know any feedback
>
> Regards
> Saikat
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/816

Alexey Kuznetsov